How to Be a DJ for Real

How would a DJ is a skill that, if asked, most kids want to learn '. And 'the idea of ​​the lifestyle of girls, parties and music that makes it look like the life of rock star. Now learn how to be a DJ is not all fun and games!

These things can also learn a DJ is hard work and perseverance to obtain the reward.

I started DJing when I was in my teens. I grew up in a small town and it seemedeveryone was DJing at the moment, because not much else to do in order. The good thing about this was, I had a lot of people around me the same thing that is not something that I have many hobbies that I can say that. I think this is a very important thing when learning a new hobby, because it keeps things fun and motivating. If you can not but have to do, there are things that help, that would tell me later in this article.

To tell the truth IIt was a nice late start to learn, like a DJ. Even if the guys around me were all DJing and hosting free rave in the woods, I was more interested in smoking pot and just bumming around. Why do I say this? Maybe because I want a shoulder to lean on my wasted youth, but other than that is to say to you, you want to DJ and have a passion for it, or what's the point? So at this point in my life I was not too DJing and as a result of my abilitywere shoddy and pretty much nonexistent simply because I didn't care too much and didn't hardly practice.

So what is the next tip I'm giving you? Yea yea I know you are fed up of hearing it but it's what separates the amateurs from the pros- it's PRACTICE. I quickly watched my friends who were throwing parties race ahead of me in their skills since they would love to practice and go round each other's houses many times a week to mix. So yea, motivation comes 1st then practice. I on the other hand was still not bothered about my DJing and was happy to watch them improve their skills (although secretly a little envious) while I sat back and enjoyed what they were spinning.

Fast forward a few years and I still had my decks but had moved to a new city and new friends. After having quite the break from DJing I got back into it again once I found some buddies who were into MCing. It was a bit of a different scene here since where I lived before everyone was a DJ with hardly any MCs but now it was the other way round. There were loads of MCs with not many DJs. So I became the main DJ for my group of friends. We would often come round to my house for a mixing session to my father's dismay and rave it up of an evening.

This time round I would practice more and enjoy the practice. This is another main point. To stick at it I think you've gotta enjoy it which is pretty easy when you have a passion for the music you're playing. DJing can be a great feeling when you really get in the flow of it and you're riding the beats in the mix which brings me to my next point...

One of the most important skills you are going to master in learning how to be a DJ is learning to beatmatch. Beatmatching is the core skill of any budding DJ cos without it all the other fancy skills such as chopping scratching or even plain fading will sound worse than a barrel of apples falling off the cart. For those who don't know beatmatching is where you match the tempo of one track to the next track and bring them together in the mix so they sound harmonious.

Even if you are not a DJ yourself you will have heard a sloppy out of time mix in a club before and know it sounds bad. I think this is the main skill which really lets a lot of Djs down because it really leaks into your other skills if it isn't tight.

So how to beatmatch? To be honest I think I was a hard case when learning to beatmatch. It literally felt like it took me 5 years to learn but in fairness looking back I really didn't apply myself to it like I could have. This is why why I am writing this article to encourage budding Djs to avoid the pitfalls I faced.

One of the main things you are gonna find when learning to become a DJ and learning to beatmatch is at the start you will sound like total crap. The thing with beatmatching is that until you are good at it your mixes are gonna sound like total garbage and if you are anything like me you will be embarrassed to play in front of anyone else with your 'flabby' out of time mixes. This is the critical time for patience and persistence because beatmatching is so important for a mix sounding decent you must get this down before moving on to other skills. Once you learn beatmatching all the other techniques will flow from there. I found once I learned beatmatching that my confidence to DJ in front of others really shot up and that was when I really began to enjoy it.

Thing is though, it is going to be really frustrating at first because not only can you not mix you are butchering your favourite tunes as they sound more out of step than a drunk granny who lost her walker.

So here I really want to drive home the importance of having patience. Lock yourself away from your friends if you have to while you learn it. Become like a DJ monk going into a period of deep meditation. It won't matter if they wonder what happened to you because once you learn to beatmatch they and the girls will all be running to your side and want your attention with your newfound skills. PERSIST PERSIST PERSIST. Slowly but surely you will see progress and the great thing about that is that it will motivate you onwards more and more inch by inch. Learning how to be a DJ is a process.


How to Be a DJ for Real Reviewed by DJblog Tips on Friday, April 8, 2011 Rating: 4.5

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... My Zimbio
Home | Best DJ Mixer Channel | Pro Recording Equipment | NetworkedBlog DJ Store Channels
Copyright © 2010-2012 Cheap Simple 4 Channel Mixer For DJ | Digital DJ Equipment Review All Rights Reserved.